Wednesday, May 30, 2012

names

Essentially I am being sentimental.

Why?
slightly.sentimental.meghan

Well, birthday. end of a school year.

"a changes gonna come...oh yes it is"

So, here it is.

I have been called a lot of things in my short life.
And honestly?
Probably not all of them are nice.

Here is a list of the titles, nicknames and "things" I have been called:

Daughter
Patt's daughter
Andy's Daughter
Sue's granddaughter
Nick's little sister
Corey's little sister
only girl
youngest
annoying
fat
quiet
shy
"wa wa wa"
loud
smart
not smart enough
weird
choir kid
drama kid
christian
freshman
loud
"not liked by association"
partier--> no really
president
Dub-C
English major
music kid
vanguard kid
"vanguard" kid
childcare worker
sunday school teacher
worship leader
day camp counselor
preschool aide
preschool teacher
preschool coordinator
person who knows what they are doing when kids are involved
missionary
maid of honor
bridesmaid
godmother
wedding coordinator
baker
shopping buddy
PA
sister
soul.sister
secretive
outgoing
introvert
balanced
depressed
effecient
writer
dependable
roommate
Moses
Mega
Megs
Meglyn
mogowo
Meggers
meggles
Nomdumiso
Miss. Meghan


and so many other things.

And I look at those words.
At these things that "define" me
and I wonder what they really mean
are they really me?

They for sure make up a lot of who I am.
A lot of who I have become.

And I am so grateful for every little word on that list
without each of them
I wouldn't be who I am without each stick, stone, that has been thrown at me
without each loving endearment that has met me.

without the people in my life pouring into me.
laughing with me.
laughing at me.

my life. would be completely different.

ok this is the end of slightly sentimental meghan.
goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment