Thursday, November 8, 2012

A bit of Honesty....


I wish I was that kind of Christian.
The kind that always knew what to say.
The kind who actually always prayed for you.

I wish I was the person who always looked to God no matter what.
The one who was able to say “Praise God” when trials faced me way.

I wish I could be the girl who doesn't need a man
because I have Jesus 
Wish I could be the one who never 
worried about marriage

I want to be that person for you.

I wish I was the kind of Christian 
who could speak empowering words of life
all the time.

I wish I was the person who never felt stupid
when she said some flippant. 

I wish I was the Christian
who wasn't mean
who didn't say hurtful things

I wish I was the Christian
who reads her Bible every day
who goes to church every weekend

Who didn’t worry about the worship style,
or the fact the pastor bores me to tears

I wish I could be that Christian for you.

I wish I could be the Christian who doesn't get lazy
I wish I could be the one who doesn't constantly give up

But I’m just me.
I’m beginning to be ok with that.

But I wish I was the Christian
the person
the woman
who didn’t compare myself 

To you
or you.

No comments:

Post a Comment