Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here come the waterworks

Here it is folks...

The beginning of the end.
The true beginning of the end.
...the big girls and the little girls in this pictures have stolen my heart...

This morning is my last in class day for my 2 day morning class.
And there will be tears.

See I've had this decision made since at least November that it was time for me to go. Time for me to move on.

But that doesn't make it any less harder.

And let me tell you something, something I am sure any teachers can attest too.

There are a few types of classes of kids you can have through the years and I feel like in the five years at the preschool I've had them all.

But I've only had a few that are completely and utterly full of joy. Not just one or two kids that are full of joy but all of them.
One was my JK last year--the last class I worked with my sweet Emma. We were terrified at the beginning of the year when we got out first class list. Why?

Nine boys. (I don't think I need to say anything else). And those boys turned out to be the loves of my life. Every. last. one.

And another class full of joy?
This 2 day morning class.

These 3 year olds have stolen my heart with their hugs, smiles and love.
And now are breaking my heart because I am leaving them. (Which Tim has liked to point out to me every day since I told him I was leaving, especially whenever I am holding to certain little boys)

I know I will still see them around, but man, I love them so and I am bummed that I won't see them grow for the next year!

So here come the waterworks: not just for this class but for the whole lot of it.

There are kids that are in my other classes that I have known since they were babies, some even before they were even a twinkle in their parents eye.

I've been blessed to watch them grow and change. I've been able to see their hearts development for their friends, been able to watch them learn to love Jesus.

And I know leaving for a year won't completely take me out of their lives.
It justs those little hidden fears in the back of my mind.

So if you think of me in the next 9 days? Send up some prayers...I've been blessed to be at this amazing job, with this amazing family for five years and I have a feeling it's going to ache a lot to leave it.



No comments:

Post a Comment